Platinum PL500 II
Measured against its peers, there is no finer audio ambassador than the majestic PL500 II.
Here you’ll discover the essence of Platinum II engineering: silken layers of the finest high frequency definition suspended on an explicit midrange, seamlessly underpinned by a deep, clean and responsive bass foundation. More than ever the sound has a physical authority, conveying the ‘live’ character of instruments, voices and atmospheres as if they had materialised three-dimensionally in the air around you.
This is fidelity in the raw, magnificent in stature, seductive for its rhythmic subtlety and utterly captivating in the sheer magnitude of its dynamic impact. Our most sophisticated system of no fewer than four 8" RDT II bass drivers, twin 4" RDT II mid-range drivers and MPD Transducer will render the entire harmonic sweep of every work with pin sharp timing and accuracy. Your music and film sound alive, immersive and uncompromised.
- 4 x 8" RDT II long throw bass drivers
- 2 x 4" RDT II mid-range drivers
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- 4 x HiVe II ports
- Patented 'DCF' (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite (ARC) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- TLE (Tapered Line Enclosure) sealed internal enclosure for mid-range drivers: greater sound accuracy and reduced cabinet vibration
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano black gloss lacquer
3 Way – 7 Driver
Frequency Response (-6 dB - IEC 268-13)
22 Hz – 100 kHz
Sensitivity ([email protected])
120 dBA (pair)
4 ohms (4.2 ohms min. @ 120 Hz)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
150 – 400 W
Drive Unit Complement
MF/HF: 3.6 kHz
LF/MF: 460 Hz
External Dimensions (Including Plinth and Terminals) (H x W x D))
1802.8 x 503.61 x 625.24 mm
External Dimensions (Including Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
1848.1 x 503.61 x 625.24 mm
99.1 kg (218 lb 7 oz)
If a pin drops, you’ll hear it. When the orchestra plays, it plays for you, so vividly and with such effortless scale you’ll believe you’re ten rows from the stage. This is the magic of high-end audio as experienced through the Platinum II speakers. Whether it’s a power chord exploding from a towering backline, the majesty of a choir soaring in union or the spell-binding gravity of a solo performance, you’ll sense the chemistry of music and musician more than ever before.
For over forty years our work as engineers and audio enthusiasts has been dedicated to this unveiling. With our most advanced driver, crossover and acoustic systems set within luxurious cabinets, we’ve tuned the virtues that have won Monitor Audio worldwide acclaim to a new intensity, allowing rarefied audio transparency to be revealed and enjoyed. Platinum II is our magnum opus, as inspirational and satisfying to us as we hope it will be to you.